Saturday, January 2, 2010

FLP - Day 40 - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2010

HAPPY NEW YEARS, EVERYONE!

Cardio -
cleared off 2 inches of snow cone from the driveway, then was able to walk around the icy streets of the neighborhood

Also Salsa Class at The Banana Factory from 8 -10 PM. :-)

Strength Training -

Clean and Jerk - 3 sets of 14 reps - 2 8 lb.hand weights seem right for now
Get-Up (quickly) - 3 sets of 8 reps each arm - I am still not able to get totally off the ground
Burpees, Pushup, Press Combination 3 Sets of 10 reps, this hurts my right wrist as does the get-up
Alternating Lunge & Torso Rotation 3 sets of 11 reps each direction
Ball Pass - 3 sets of 11 reps - this is one of the toughest things, no I'm not at 14
3 Point Toe Tappers - 3 sets of 14 reps each leg
Chin-Down & Crunch - 3 sets of 9 reps

Nutrition -

Breakfast - Smoothie - I find the Smoothies breakfast and the Eggs/Omelet breakfast to be the most satisfying. Oatmeal has me hungry later in the day. This Smoothie finishes the "Vegan proteins +" brand. I am looking forward to trying "Vega Complete ..." which I got from Amazon. I'll have to change the vitamins I take when I use the Vega as it lists everything that's in the multivitamin I take. B vitamins have been a bit of a challenge. I take a supplement as I don't process B vitamins properly.

No Morning Snack - I haven't been having a Morning Snack when having a full portion of smoothie

Lunch - a can drained tuna, a few slices green pepper, a dill pickle, 1/4 c garbanzo beans; 1/2 honeycrisp apple (these are kind of big)

Afternoon snack - 1 cup of carrots & broccoli

Dinner - 6 oz. Baked Halibut with a little salsa; rocket salad with chopped red peppers & grape tomatoes + 1 T oil and lemon juice

Evening Snack - 2 Oz. pecans (leftovers from Christmas cookie baking)

Sunday's fun cardio will most likely be dancing Salsa from 5 - 9 PM at Jimmy Anton's in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment