Saturday, January 2, 2010

FLP - Day 39 - New Year's Eve 2010


Cardio was again walking & jogging in the neighborhood. Warmup of 5 minutes to break a sweat then intervals of 5 Sets of 3 min. high intensity + 2 min. low intensity.

I'm looking forward to going back to the Air Products Fitness Center starting Monday next week. I've been a Monday, Wednesday, Friday regular for years and had been maintaining my weight, the weight I've dropped back to on the FLP, until I stopped going on a regular basis in June. Now I'd like to lose another 15 to 20 pounds. The reason I stopped going to the Fitness Center is another story. A woman I know from the Fitness Center lost 20 pounds and visibly a lot of inches doing P90X at home with her husband so I decided to give it a try. It did not work for me as it requires you to watch the video while doing the training. For several things, such as using the chin-up bar or bands, I would have to stop the video, run down the hall to do assisted chin-ups, then fast forward the video. What should be 45 minutes would turn into well over 1 hour 15 minutes. The videos do not have scene selection so the first several minutes of each video is just getting to what you are doing. I love the warm ups of P90X. The system also requires exercising six days a week with one day off and most days are different so you have to pay attention to which video to play. It's difficult to exercise on the days that my husband wasn't going to exercise himself. And in the meantime we took an extended motorcycle trip to Newfoundland and another to Yellowstone NP plus I was gone several times to be with my sister during her husband's illness. The bottom line is I tried it for four months and gained ten pounds. :-(

Strength Training -

Clean and Jerk - 3 sets of 13 reps - 2 8 lb.hand weights seem right for now
Get-Up (quickly) - 3 sets of 8 reps each arm - I am still not able to get totally off the ground
Burpees, Pushup, Press Combination 3 Sets of 10 reps, this hurts my right wrist as does the get-up
Alternating Lunge & Torso Rotation 3 sets of 10 reps each direction
Ball Pass - 3 sets of 11 reps - this is one of the toughest things, no I'm not at 13
3 Point Toe Tappers - 3 sets of 13 reps each leg
Chin-Down & Crunch - 3 sets of 9 reps

Nutrition - 1/2 portions again

Breakfast - Omelet with 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites, spinach & mushrooms - don't care for bell peppers with spinach and don't like onions, green or otherwise, in omelets; 1/2 tiny red grapefruit

No Morning Snack as I find Omelets and Eggs to be very satisfying

Lunch - Mexican Salad with 1/2 chicken breast - this is probably the most boring of all lunches, Coach Rylan needs to meet Jacque Pepin or Jamie Oliver. The Goodness-to-Work ratio (GTW
) ratio is very low.

Afternoon Snack - 1/2 c edamame beans

Dinner - Grilled Wild Salmon & a Spinach Salad with a hard boiled egg, mushroom & a little olive oil and lemon juice + a glass of Chardonnay (afterall, it is New Year's Eve)

No Evening Snack - Watched Jean Gabin in "Pepe le Moco" (1937). He's good and there's some interesting filming, but overall the film is bad.

Did not stay up to watch the ball drop in Times Square. This was not an exciting New Year's Eve. Many New Years have been spent in Sjusjoen, Norway. One was at The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden with it's Absolut Ice Bar. Long distance cross country skiing is a good cure for hangovers.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I commented that the Mexican Salad is my lkeast favorite meal. I got burned out on that one. Generally though, I think the food has been very tasty, expecially the salmon burgers!

    ReplyDelete